What are Thermal Shock/Cycling-Resistant Floors?
Hot, cold and hot again. Floors that are designed to stand up to extreme temperatures and extreme changes in temperature are thermal shock and thermal cycling-resistant. Floors are often exposed to these extreme conditions due to processing, equipment, and cleaning.
Benefits of Thermal Shock/Cycling-Resistant Floors
Protection from thermal shock and cycling are critical to the longevity of a floor. Without this protection, the floor will fail.
Benefit highlights include:
- Preventing cracking of the floor
- Saving lost time and money in the repair or replacement of floors
- Providing good working conditions for employees
- Maintaining floor aesthetics
Industries that use hot ovens, coolers, and bottling lines experience these types of changes on a regular basis.
Recommended industries include:
Our team of Territory Managers, Architects and Engineers will assist you in choosing the best floor to stand up to thermal shock and thermal cycling conditions. Our specialized systems are engineered to stand up to the heat and the cold, again and again. You can still have a great design too. Our protective floors are offered in decorative colours, blends, and finishes.
Recommended products include:
- Stonclad UT - popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage envrionments
- Stonclad UR - popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage environments
- Stonclad UL - popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage environments
- Stonclad HT - popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage environments
- Stonshield UTS - food preparation areas
- Stonshield URI - food preparation areas